Friday, August 6, 2010

Make a pillow case


Today when I stopped to get my iced tea drink from a favorite latte stand on the way up to my FAVORITE store, JoAnn's, the barista told me that her grandma used to make them pillowcases every Christmas and how much she loved them. I thought about that. And I thought some more. Not a bad idea to add to their gift. This year I am making the grandkids fleece vests (yes, I still have fleece!) And I think that adding to the gift with a home made pillowcase, made with love and fabric chosen with their colors and personality and likes in mind would be fun. They can use it for their pillow or they can pack dirty clothes in it or pack goodies in it, what ever their little hearts desire. And maybe, just maybe, they will keep them over the years and remember their grammie, who loves them so much! Maybe a piece of me to carry with them after I have gone on......... So, I did a search and came up with this tutorial for them. I like it! The picture is not mine it is their picture from the blog.
Please check out her tutorial and her wonderful blog! Film in the Freezer

Again, picture by Film in the Freezer.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is so sweet, Marcia and a wonderful idea!! I know I would have loved a homemade pillowcase from my grandma when I was younger (still would - lol). I wish we lived closer so you could teach me to sew! I learned a long time ago for 4-H from my Mom, but wasn't into it enough then, and didn't keep it up. I can do and love to do all things crafty, but sewing scares me, although there are so many things I long to do! Your grandkids are very blessed to have such a thoughtful Grammie! :-)