Monday, May 2, 2011

A Simple Woman’s Daybook 5/2

For today… Monday, May 2, 2011 ~ May already!

Outside my window… it's cloudy, it's cold and it's raining... that sounds like a broken record since January 1 of this year!

I am thinking… I am thinking about having reconnected with another cousin today. :) It is joy. I didn't grow up close to my parents' families so I never have gotten to know them. I appreciate how close the web and facebook can bring some of us. I really hope we get to be together and visit and develop a relationship! Even at our ages.

I am wearing… my purple slacks and purple print top

I am hearing… the news on the TV talk about Osama Ben Laden's death. I am thankful for this. I find it strange and not a good feeling to be happy of someone's death, but this man was true evil. I am hoping that this brings some peace to those families that lost someone they love in the 911 attacks. And I continue to pray for our nation for I am not naive enough to believe that this means the end of our concerns.

I am reading… my devotional. It has had 2 really good devotions on Good intentions and better intentions .. how we need to make sure that our intentions align up with God's directions.

From the kitchen… for supper tonight flour tortilla tacos.

Around the house… I need to finish up the laundry and unpack my Avon order.

A few plans for the rest of the week… looking at homes for my daughter, setting up an appointment for our golden to get a wash and cut.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing…Never forget

No comments: