Saturday, November 13, 2010
Candy Cane Wreath from Better Homes and Gardens
Candy Cane Wreath
Use an iconic Christmas favorite in a new way -- decorate a wreath with pretty red- and-white candy canes.
Candy Can Wreath
What You'll Need
* Plastic foam wreath form
* White satin ribbon
* Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
* Mini candy canes
* Small red ornaments
* Red and red-and-white striped ribbon
How to Make It
1. Wrap the wreath form with white satin ribbon.
2. Layer candy canes randomly, hot-gluing them into place.
3. Hot-glue ornaments on top of the candy canes.
4. Fashion a bow from three lengths of red ribbon shaped into progressively smaller loops; hot-glue the overlapping ends of each loop together. Wrap a length of the red-and-white striped ribbon around each loop; hot-glue the overlapping ends of the red-and-white striped ribbon loops together.
5. Stack the ribbon loops, and staple them together in the center. Wrap another piece of red ribbon around all three; hot-glue the overlapping ends together. Repeat with a length of red-and-white striped ribbon.
6. Cut two more lengths of the red ribbon and two more of the red-and-white striped ribbon. Lay a striped ribbon over each red ribbon and hot-glue to the back of the looped ribbons.
7. Adhere the entire bow to the bottom of the wreath with hot glue.
Picture and directions are from BETTER Homes and Gardens.