Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Abiding in Him

John 15:1-8

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Jesus Is the Vine—Followers Are Branches

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He [a]prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already [b]clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit [c]of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so [d]prove to be My disciples.

These words humble me.  And they intrigue me.  And they bring me to my knees.  "Who AM I, Lord?  Who AM I, that You, the Sovereign God would love me so much?"!  And why am I really still here, Lord. I feel that I fail so often.  I fall so short of the mark! I love You.  But I am not always in Your Word like I want to be.  Like I should be.  Where is my fruit?  You must see something in me, Lord, because I am still here.  

Lord, I want to praise you more.  I want to worship You with every fiber of my being!  Worship isn't just Sunday morning, worship is something that we do daily, every minute of everyday!  I see you in the mountains, I see you in the sunshine, I see you in the rain that falls and in the wind that blows!  Let my worship be turned out and back to YOU!  In myself I will never be worthy of You. In Christ, help me be worthy of You and Your Love.  Help me be a testimony of your Love.  When people meet me, when they see me, I pray that they DON'T see me, but that they see You.  Help me Lord.  Help me honor You and be a fruitful branch in Your Vine.  Keep me motivated, desiring the Word daily and to drink of it, to lavish in It, to soak It in!  

 
Bookmark and Share

No comments: