Monday, February 22, 2010

I miss you, Mommie!

6 years ago today, I witnessed my mom take her last breaths on this earth. I still miss her so very much. There are so many times when I reach for the phone and want to call her and share something with her, the good things, the bad things, the inbetween things! Thank you, Mom for all that you did for me all that you gave me and I don't mean material things. I love/loved my family. I thought we were perfect. lol I don't know when I realized that we had our dysfunctions as did ALL and EVERY family, but it didn't matter! That is family! We wouldn't be this side of heaven if we were perfect! But you were the best mommie. You were the mom that God gave me and designed JUST for me. And who knows better than He!!!!??? I will always think of you and miss you, mom. I will always have a special place in my heart for you. But as much as I love you, I couldn't wish you back here. I know that you are happy in Heaven. I so clearly remember that Saturday morning in the hospital and you taking my hand and saying "I want to go Home." I said I know mom to your apartment and you said, "NO! I want to go HOME." I knew what you meant. I didn't want to let go but I knew i had to. I remember asking you to give my daddy and my son, whom I never held a hug for me. But what I forgot is that you had 3 babies in heaven before us that you would be united with. Thank you, mom. And thank you for that special moment that will forever be etched in our minds as Mike, Mark, Ben and I sat by your bed, praising you in words and loving you as you left us to be in your Forever Home. You have left a legacy of love and we are so blessed!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

You have brought tears to my eyes. I, too, have those feelings...it has been more than 13 years ago that my mom went to heaven. I was not like you, however....I could not be with her for her last breath...I just could not handle it. It still hurts even though I know she is in heaven.. I miss her so much yet today. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Hugs to you.

Mrs. H said...

Thank you for sharing. What a blessing to have memories which keep her alive in your heart. Oh the joy to think of her being reunited with your dad, your lost siblings and your Matthew!
I must give my mom a call now! Thank you for reminding me how precious that relationship is.

Sue said...

Marcia, your post brought tears to my eyes. I still have my mum , but I miss her too as she's far away in another country... I talk to her over the phone but would love to give her a big hug sometimes.
A big hug to you!
Sue.