Wednesday, April 22, 2009
~*~ Meaty Apple Skillet ~*~
Meaty Apple Skillet
Source:TOH prize winning recipes
* 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 2/3 cup cranberry-apple juice
* 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
* 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
* 3/4 pound pork sausage links, cooked and sliced
* 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
In a large skillet, saute apple slices in butter; sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until apples are tender.
Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add sausage and ham; heat through. Yield: 12-16 servings.