Wednesday, April 22, 2009
~*~ TOH Coffee Cake Muffins ~*~
Coffee Cake Muffins
Source TOH Prize winning recipes :)
* 1/4 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Dark Brown Sugar
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/3 cup canola oil
* 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
* 1 tablespoon milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon nut mixture and about 2 tablespoons batter. Sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; spoon over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.