Saturday, November 29, 2008

Candy Christmas Trees


















Here are some of my candy Christmas trees. They really are easy to make and are very attractive. I am still experimenting with them. Finding the narrower wire ribbon has been a challenge! I saw another picture of some trees that used tulle (not netting - netting won't stay pinned to the styrofoam cone!) instead of ribbon. Personally I like the all ribbon version best, but because of the lack of narrower ribbon, my second choice is a bow on top and fill in a little with the tulle. Regular pins do not work well with this craft. They don't tend to hold the candy well. I used T pins and larger ball end pens. I liked the T pins best but wish I had found smaller than 1 1/2 and 1 1/4" pins! Obviously that is something that should be in my craft storage from now on!

6 comments:

Diane said...

I want to make some of these with Angel too! I was thinking it would make a great xmas gift for her teacher .
I just have to buy the supplies.
I will post when I get mine done. You used the strawberry ones that I love so I will be making at least one tree with those.
I love your trees great job!!!

krisijo said...

Great job! Those are great I'm sure the kids will love making them!

Amber said...

Those are really nice!! Makes a nice gift for a candy lover!!

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

These are so cute! I'm featuring Christmas crafts this week on my blog. Do you mind if I use one of your photos? It would be one of several other photos I'm posting, and there would be a link back to your blog.

craftymug said...

Hi! Your trees are so nice. They look great!

Cooking and the City said...

Hi these are just fantastic! (I saw them on Jerri's blog) so just had to take another peek, great job :-)

Dellene B