Monday, November 3, 2008

Countdown to Christmas


I really am enjoying this 100 Days of Christmas planning! Today the directive is now that the menu is planned for Thanksgiving, check out the pantry and make a list of ingredients that you will need. Very good thinking. I am one who buys ALL my items for Thanksgiving when I buy the turkey. And that gets REALLY expensive. If I start buying the non perishables right now it will help the grocery budget come Thanksgiving!

I took a day off yesterday which was not the charge given by 100 Days of Christmas but it was a good day. I took 2 of my daughters to the movie, High School Musical 3. I was prepared to possibly be not interested in the movie. I guess I thought that it might be a bit hip hoppish or have rap music (which I can't stand). I was VERY pleasantly surprised and I really enjoyed the movie. How refreshing that this movie is so enjoyed by our youth. It was innocent, cute and had a good moral to the story! I am so glad that I took them! And I also found out that my one granddaughter doesn't like purple anymore that her favorite colors are now pink and brown instead of pink and purple! So, I need to find those colors for the doll dress that I will be making! I knew she liked pink and brown (those are the colors of the headbands that I made her) but thought she still liked purple too!

If you want to find out more about 100 Days to Christmas, click on the link and see what others are planning!

1 comment:

Susie said...

I set my menu today and will be going through my pantry this weekend.