Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My new fridge


It is a black Kenmore. This past week has not been the best week at our house. We have been living thru Murphy's law and it hasn't stopped yet. The breakdown of our 18 year old fridge was just one more in the list of bad timing, etc. The old fridge was here when we purchased our home and all indications were that it was as old as the house. Among some other problems, we knew that it was going but the other evening while Doug and I were eating dinner (in front of the TV), I heard a strange noise, like water running. As I stood and looked into the kitchen which is where the sound appeared to be coming, I saw a huge growing puddle of water on my hardwood floor! The water dispenser was running and neither of us had been near it!! We got that contained and the water turned off to the fridge. Then a couple days later the door broke. And the flap no the ice dispenser had been broken for a long time and we had just "bandaided" that one. So we talked and decided to bite the bullet, even though financially this was not what we really needed at the moment. We went to the Sears outlet store and found this lovely black Kenmore and had it delivered on Monday. The good thing is that my fridge is all nice and organized and hopefully will stay that way! I guess I should have taken a picture of the "declutter" that I threw away! I am making use of some storage containers for containment and organization. :) So far I like it. The old fridge was a dirty cream. It used to have this fake black front on it but our clothes would catch on it when we walked by so I finally ripped it off! I do like the black.

8 comments:

Amber said...

I think we have the same fridge! Mine is a Whirlpool. (I know Kenmore doesn't make their own appliances; they buy from other companies and stick their name on it. So it might be the same.) I love it! I love the black appliances! Ryan brought my fridge home about a year ago and I didn't like it at first. I wasn't used to the side by side but now I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

My old one was like yours, it came with the house. It was the old bisque color. It was mostly yellowed over the years. It was about 25 years old.

I hope you love it as much I as do mine!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice frig. We just got a black dishwasher, and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry the timing stinks, but isn't it wonderful to have a new appliance that works well and is so clean!

I'm lifting my cup of tea saying, "Here's to your new fridge. May it have many long years of health." ;-)

Diane said...

I love how organized it is !!!!!!!!!
Always look at the silver lining it got you all organized . Looks nice!!!

Diane said...

Oh I like your new fridge so organized.

Mrs. H said...

Congrats on the new fridge. Did you have a side-by-side before or was this a new change as well? You like it?

HDMac said...

I did have side by side before. I do like them. The only thing on this one is that it seems the freezer side door does not always open as wide as I would like. The ice storage is on the door and that I really like. That way I have more space on the freezer shelves. :) :) :) :)

Mrs. H said...

More space on freezer shelves is a good thing - like for ice cream... and if you're like me, that open bag of m&m's tucked in the back ;-) I love them cold!! (and no one looks in there for them!)