Monday, August 25, 2008

No Roll Sugar Cookies




Sugar Cookies don't get any better than this! This makes a lot of cookies! I got this cookie recipe from my Aunt Elma. Aunt Elma was the best cook in Roseburg, Oregon and probably the state of Oregon and more! She is a woman to be admired. She certainly never was idle!

Aunt Elmas Sugar Cookies

1 Stick margarine
1 stick butter
1 C Crisco
1 C powdered sugar
1 C sugar
2 – 3 eggs
4 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t vanilla

Cream the top 4 ingredients and then mix in the rest. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet and flatten with glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 11 minutes. This makes a very large batch. I love these cookies and love that they do NOT have to be rolled! You can sprinkle with more sugar before baking if you like or frost when they are cooled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this recipe.
I need to get some Crisco and then I'm making up a batch of these beauties!

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

These sound great! I like that they use powdered sugar. Makes for a nice texture. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Okay - so I made these last night while watching Definitely Maybe. These coolkies are as good as you said. Today I'll grab the powdered sugar, etc ingredients and cover some of the cookies with soft pink frosting.

THANKS so much for sharing.