Saturday, August 30, 2008

The other side of the sink!



Here is the other side of the kitchen sink. Under the papertowels are my tea cups that I use for brewing and an ice tea carafe that I use with ice in the middle. These will probably end up somewhere else but for now they are here. My husband's diabetes testing strips will probably find their way to the cabinet above.

Also, a STACK of cookbooks/cookbooklets that I am getting rid. I copied a FEW recipes that I will put into my organizer notebook to try. These will go to my daughters, daughter in laws and some friends.

What did you declutter today?

4 comments:

Amber said...

I did that with my cookbooks about 2 years ago. I took the time and went through every page and marked the ones I liked. I was amazing that a lot of books only had 1 or 2 recipes that I liked!! I copied them and put them into a 3 ring binder. It was also amazing how much space all of these cookbooks took up for about 20 pages of recipes. (that I liked!) I need to do it again b/c they are growing out of control again!

Amanda said...

your countertop looks great. i need to declutter mine. I think i'll be on my do to list for this week.

Marcia Francois said...

wow AND wow again. Your counter top looks so lovely - i can see a real difference from week 1 to week 4.

And I am STILL amazed at how easily you're letting go of the magazines and cookbooks!

You, Marcia, have inspired ME!

HDMac said...

LOL... It really hasn't been easy, but I keep thinking that the few recipes that I do keep take up MUCH less space than the whole booklet and then the fact that I am giving them to someone helps!

I am a cookbook collector. I have had to talk to myself about space. The fact that the kids are not at home so I need to RETHINK the recipes that I will use. Which cookbooks make me happy, which ones really serve little purpose. I like Amber was amazed when going thru some how FEW recipes in the booklet I would really try! Also I try to find recipes that have leftovers. Both dh and I take our lunches to work. I like to have enough leftover to at least use for his lunch. Saves me time in preparing his lunch! :) So I look at recipes that way now too. Which ones lend themselves to 2 meals and will package well for lunch.
I am embarrassed to say that I still have TOO many cookbooks, lol, but at least I have decluttered them to the point I am at now! lol