On the Menu this week! From Taste of Home
Pecan Chicken Casserole
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions:In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. (Crust will be crumbly.) Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a bowl, beat eggs. Add the remaining ingredients. Pour over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
UPDATE: This is a keeper. It is good. Next time I would add more hot sauce. We felt it tasted better the day after.