Friday, August 22, 2008

Week 3 - Declutter Challenge




I really thinned out a few drawers this week and tonight! These are just 2 of the drawers. bottom drawer is likely to change as it has my hand mixer in it and I am now changing my original plan in the kitchen. I am now going to have all my baking items, including mixers and bowls in one area. This is now going to mean moving the microwave and the countertop convection oven from their present home. I am sure I will get a pic when done!

This has been a wonderful challenge and if you haven't seen it yet, click here and go on over and see what it is about! Still 11 days to go. I am excited to see what I and others will accomplish! I am really hoping to finish the kitchen and the laundry closet this weekend and then the focus will become the office.
No matter where you are in decluttering in your life, I hope you will come and see what we are doing and join in the journey!!!

What have YOU decluttered this week!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Yes it has been alot of fun and I have learnt so much and my house looks so much better for it.
Did you see my daughter even is getting into it.
Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!
Next week for me is all about clothing mine and my daughters. The following week we both start back to school . I work in one . ;)
I want it all organized to make finding our clothes easier and less stressful.

Gifts That Say Wow said...

You are doing a great job..keep up the good work..Those baskets look hauntingly familiar....lol.

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

Marcia, you are just amazing!

Reading this entry, I just realized one of my problems in the kitchen. I only have one drawer! Odd, it really hadn't occurred to me before. LOL

Marcia Francois said...

Oh, Marcia, those drawers look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I have 4 drawers
normal cutlery
utensils
placemats and kitchen towels
cleaning cloths and sponges, and really nice kitchen towels :)

Anonymous said...

First of all, where may I get a copy of the recipe for the sugar cookie that doesn't need to be rolled? Those are two great ideas in one recipe!

I haven't looked at my kitchen drawers yet. There are items I know I don't use, but am not sure I can give up.

You've done a great job with your decluttering plan. I wish you well for these last days in the challenge!