Thursday, September 4, 2008

Apple Praline Bread




This is one of the nummiest breads around! Makes a great hostess gift. I got this recipe from ApplePraline on the TOH recipe boards. She has made this for years and sells it. It is a recipe that her mom gave her and may have it's origin with Better Homes and Gardens. At any rate it is NUMMY! Enjoy!

Praline Apple Bread

1 c granulated sugar
1 8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cups chopped, peeled tart apples
1 c chopped pecans
1/4 c butter or margarine
1/4 c packed brown sugar

In A large mixing bowl beat together granulated sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla on low speed of an electric mixer till combined, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to sour cream mixture, beating on low speed till combined. Stir in apple and 1/2 c of the pecans. Turn into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans; press lightly into batter.

Bake in a 350ยบ oven for 55-60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (If necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.) Coo, in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine butter or margarine and brown sugar; cook and stir till mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 1 minute. Remove bread from pan. Drizzle top with brown sugar mixture; cool. Makes 1 loaf (18 servings)

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Yummy was looking at all your good recipes come over join me and have a snack lol.
Because I always enjoy your blog so much and you are so creative, I've chosen you to receive an award from my blog. If You would like to display it on your blog, please come on over and grab yourself a copy.
hugs my dear friend ginger

Lori said...

Hi! I just want to thank you again for your sweet comments. You lift my spirit every time I read one. I am so thankful for your insight; I feel there really might be life after raising little Myah. Thank you for your kind, loving words. And thank you for the award!!!! I think it is a perfect award for you, your comments are truly kind! I don't really know what to do with the award though, do I copy and paste? What do I do?

By the way, I love your site. I'm going to start trying your recipes--yummmy!

Lori said...

Do I have your name right on my blog? And would you prefer your name not be on it? I'll keep your site for sure, just let me know about your name.

Ginger said...

Hey kiddo say it from me and put who ever you want to give it too.Any blog you want and right check take award can copy what i said thats how i do it. we love ya!!!ginger