There is no question about it. I LOVE the majority of Paula's recipes. This one promises to be a great one! YUM!!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Streusel topping, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping.
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Yield: approximately 3 cups
Recipe courtesy of Foodnetwork.com