Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Saucy Italian Pork Chops



I am so fortunate to have so many internet friends that are wonderful cooks. My friend, Val in Nebraska is one of those good friends. And it doesn't hurt that she is a #1 Husker Fan. Before, I share this recipe, I have to share something that Val did for me a few years ago. I shared with her that I used to live in Lincoln and gave her the address. One day when she and her husband were in Lincoln, they drove past my old family home and sent me some pics via email! That was so very special of her and I just appreciated that so much. Not only is Val a FANTASTIC cook but she is also a fellow crafter, so we have a lot in common! One day, one day when we get to return to Nebraska to see my old (VERY OLD) stomping grounds I am going to meet this amazing friend! But for now here is her recipe!

Saucy Italian Pork Chops

4 bone-in pork chops (1-1/2 lb.), 3/4-inch-thick
1 16 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/4 cup KRAFT Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Reduced Fat Dressing
1 14-1/2 oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

HEAT large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chops and vegetables; cook 2 min. or until bottoms of chops are browned. Turn chops over.

SPRINKLE with oregano; drizzle with dressing. Cover with tomatoes. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 12 min. or until chops are cooked through (160ºF); stirring occasionally.

SPRINKLE with cheese.

No comments: