Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spiced Pumpkin Fudge


This recipe comes from a TOH friend that KNOWS about pumpkins! Susie and her family have a pumpkin patch! This has gotten RAVE reviews on the TOH recipe message boards!

SPICED PUMPKIN FUDGE:

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 12oz package butterscotch morsels
7 ounces marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk, pumpkin, and spice; bring to boil, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 234 degrees F on candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.

Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch morsels.

Add marshmallow creme and vanilla, mixing until well blended.

Quickly pour into greased 13x9 baking pan, spreading just until even.

Cool at room temperature; cut into squares.

Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a yumy way to use pumpkin! How I love fall...

Jena Webber said...

Thanks so much for the recipes!! I can't imagine a better combination: pumpkins and pecans. Also, the fudge looks so good also.

earthlingorgeous said...

I never had pumpkin fudge or even pumpkin pie in my life. I wonder how it taste. SOunds interesting.

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I have to take something to a harvest themed bakesale. I just got back form the store witht he ingredients.

Looking forward to making and tasting this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkins, I grew quite a few this year so I should have plenty of puree. I am always looking for new recipes and have never seen this before. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm hooked. I've made this recipe twice now.

The second time I used white chips instead of butterscotch chips. I'm not a big fan of butterscotch.

Hmmm. Tastes so much pumpkin-ier with the white chips too. I even made it in the microwave.

If you want to see how to make it that way, check out this post: http://fruitfulwords.wordpress.com/2008/10/18/pumpkin-fudge-just-got-pumpkinier/

Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!