Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crispy Potatoes


It is funny to me how the simplest of foods and recipes can be so good. This is such an easy recipe!

Crispy Potatoes

Posted by Chefly - TOHBB

The latest edition of Fine Cooking had instructions for making these potatoes.
You get some baby red potatoes and boil them until they are soft. You then place
them on a baking sheet and squish them flat, about 1/2″ thick. Sprinkle on some
salt and pepper, and pour olive oil over them fairly liberally. Bake them at
425ยบ until they are crispy, about half an hour or so.

They are unbelievably good. Of course, it helps to use high quality olive oil,
freshly ground pepper, and crunchy coarse sea salt. The potatoes in this picture were topped with some parmesan and cheddar cheese about 10 minutes before taking out of the oven.

2 comments:

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

What an interesting twist! They sure look good. Chefly does come up with some good ones, doesn't she? Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to trying this with my family. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare potatoes, which are always an economical side!

Thanks for the hug! I was sure feeling like I could use one last night. The movie we watched helped though. Gave me something to smile about ;-)

Joy said...

I'm loving your blog and I believe I could love those potatoes too! Yum, I've never met a potato that I didn't love. I will definitely try that one.