Friday, July 18, 2008

A very influential person in my life!


This lady is one of the dearest persons that I remember in my life. This is Miss Sada Carr, my first grade teacher at Randolf Elementary in Lincoln, Nebraska. I just loved this woman. She was a kind and gentle teacher that loving taught her students. She retired the year that we graduated from her class. My mom had each of the students outline their hand on a sheet along the border, print our names and she sealed it and made it into a table cloth. I sent Miss Carr a Christmas card every year and let her know what was going on in my life. Usually I heard back from her until finally there was no more. I wish all teachers could be like Miss Carr. She truly was a very caring teacher. First grade can be such an important time because you need a teacher that helps set your standards and expectations in school.

No comments: