Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fireflies in a jar!


I had to share this. First of all it is cute and fun. Second of all, it brought back some memories of living in Nebraska! lol In the summer, I bet I caught fireflies every night! I would put them in a jar with dirt and some grass and punced holes in the lid. The jar would then be placed on my second story window sill to watch as I drifted off to sleep. Mom would come in after I fell asleep and let them go so they wouldn't die. We don't have fireflies in Washington state. And secretly, I do miss that! This is a great thing to do with one of your children or grandchildren. Click here for the tutorial.

1 comment:

HappyBird's Glitter Nest said...

Oh, this is such a cute idea! I've never seen fireflies before, but I'll bet they are really something to watch. :o)