Wednesday, July 9, 2008

~*~ Peaches N Cream Cake ~*~


I wish I had taken a picture of this cake. This is SO Yummy! I got this from my recipes and crafting friend, Val in Nebraska. She said it was good and I believed her. So glad I did! Thank you, Val!!!

Peaches & Cream Cake
by Lina in Wisconsin
Made by Val (Calico)

Make a yellow cake mix according to directions except use buttermilk in place of water. (I used Betty Crocker and reduced fat buttermilk)
Whip in 1 cup of peaches fresh or canned into the batter. Bake as directed in 9x13 pan. After you take out of oven, have 1 large box of peach jello made according to directions. Poke holes in cake all over and pour half of jello over cake. Let cook in fridge. (Next time I would use a little less water because in the next step you put in peaches and they have a lot of moisture in them.) (Also, I used sugar free jello and sugar free peaches)

Mix another 1 cup of peaches with remaining jello and let cool - not in fridge..... Val usually mashes the peaches but you don't have to. (I did)

Beat together:
2 - 8 oz cream cheese
2 C powdered sugar
1 - 12 oz Cool Whip ( I used light)
Spread this on top. Pour remaining jello and fruit over top of cake and put in fridge until jello sets up.

I used sugar free jello and sugar free peaches. Every little bit helps! It was still absolutely delicious!

1 comment:

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

That sounds so cool and refreshing! I love fruity desserts for summer time!
Thanks for the tips you included as well!