Saturday, July 12, 2008

Even the dog gets in the act!


We have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old golden retriever named Spot. He loves the grandkids. The second picture shows WHY I had to buy this fabric and make this blanket! lol. We DO call him Spotty dog! I had gone to Joann's and my hubby and dog were in the car waiting. When I got out to the car, I said to Doug, "You must have fallen asleep!" "Why?" "Cuz, Spotty came into the store and came up behind me in the aisle! He had a bolt of fabric in his mouth. I started to scold him but then started to laugh as I took the fabric from him. He wanted me to make this for Sterling and Kayden to give from HIM!" Then I showed him the fabric. He LOVED it, too! So, blankets for babies from our dog. The older grands will get a kick out of that! By the way, I did NOT use Satin binding on this one and it looks MUCH nicer. I used quilt binding. The only thing I don't like about that is that it is only 3 yards so I have to add a piece. I know, I know. You can always make your own bias. Nah. I made up my mind WAY back in 9th grade when we made our own in home-ec class that there were plenty of nice colors in bias already made up! lol.

1 comment:

NanaNor's said...

Love the fabric, darling story too. I have dog fabric that I started to use to make my two dogs a quilt but haven't finished. I love dogs! Glad to get a peak at your blankets.
Noreen