Saturday, July 26, 2008

Beach bags that I have completed





Here are 2 of the beach bags (click on the picture to get a larger view that will show more detail.) that I just finished. I had difficulty finding the 2 1/4 " ribbon at our local JoAnn's, so I purchased some online. I made up 1 bag (blue not shown) with 1 1/2" ribbon and I was not happy with it. I think I will just keep it for a storage bag in my craft room. The lavender one here is for 6 year old granddaughter. The blue with the tweety bird ribbon is for one of my grandsons. They do make up very easy. To lay the ribbon out, I used my large cutting mat so that I could keep the ribbon centered and tried to have an equal amount at each end. Now I am having trouble finding enough purse handles! That also seems to be the most expensive part of the bags also. I am going on an internet search for those to see if I can find them online also. I have a clear plastic one that I am going to put on the bag I am making for a friend but that one was $9.99!! Yikes! And I think I like that one best! haha. I used an oval bamboo handle on the lavendar bag, I think that I am going to change that out and stick with the 6" circle. When I finish that friend's bag I will post it also.
UPDATE: Here are two more! the black one for my friend and the pink for another granddaughter. Click on pic for more detail.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Those are really cute, you've done a great job on those bags.
Sue.

Anonymous said...

These are cute!

When I was at the Doallr store I saw some purses with the round handle thingees. Maybe you could find some in such a store near you? Maybe they'll work?